- ShopRite Markets
- $42,085.00 -86,540.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while providing our customers with accurate, friendly and efficient service; to collect/return carts/carriages from the parking lot and assist customers with their groceries as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work/shopping environment.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
* Remove debris from carts.
* Collect empty shopping carts from assigned areas and return them to their proper place
* Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations that pertain to the Front-End operation.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
* Knowledgeable about the various types of products carried in the store.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Front-End Department operations.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Associated topics: cleaner, cleaning, cookware, dish, duties, lavaplatos, sanitation, service assistant, stewarding, wash
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...